555 EFI competition

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Jul 1 00:55:22 GMT 2000

Garfield Willis tapped away at the keyboard with:

> On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:44:05 -0600, bearbvd at cmn.net (Greg Hermann)
> wrote:
>
> >The whole thing sounds a whole lot like Cad reverse engineered a Bosch
> >D-Jetronic.
>
> Was the D-Jet MAF or MAP based? I'm pretty clueless on the old Bosch FI
> stuff.

MAP and TPS.

MAP sensor is diaphragm with inductive sensing, TPS with resistance
track as well as idle, WOT switch. Pules timing taken off a pair of
breaker switches on the distributor camshaft, below the advance
mechanism.

Sample applications: VW and Merc around 1971 to 1973.

--
Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning
Perth, Western Australia