fuel pressure and regulators

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Jun 2 03:27:03 GMT 2000

Laura & Neil wrote:

> Mitch Barrie wrote:

> As far as I can make out from the exploded diagrams I have, if you hook up your
> existing fuel line to the electric pump outlet, there should be nothing to stop
> the mechanical pump pulling the fuel out of the tank.
> Am I wrong Grumpy?.
>
> Neil
LOL!  I've seen this done on the same S-10 as the regulator.  The
truck owner didn't understand how to connect the regulator, and kept
trying to use a bypass type without the bypass.  So he ran around on
the mechanical pump for a while, drawing fuel through the electric
pump.  He thought things were fine, but I convinced him to install the
regulator and use the in tank pump.

Shannen