EGT gauges

espen hilde mwichstr at online.no
Thu Jun 15 22:20:54 GMT 2000

Hi!
Looks like I am finaly getting my boat on the water....
I need some egt`s to check if the Digital efi boxes are spot on for the
engines,(4egt)+2rpm +2map. I can not afford the racepack ,if you are making
a design like you point out below, I am wery interested in making one
myself if you would share how to.
Thanks
Espen
On Tue, 5 Jan 1988, espen hilde wrote:

> Hi! Try this URL:  http://www.oc2net.net/exhaustgas/catselect.idc
> Know nothing if the EGT works as advertised ,but sure looks nice.
> Espen

I found that link.  The racepak - digital look the best, but they want alot
of money for a simple piece of hardware.    I am considering getting the
two channel gauge, and plumbing all of my exhaust pipes, and figuring out
how to build my own hardware.
I would need something with at least 8 A/D channels (or 1 A/D channel and a
electronic switch) and several inputs/outputs, and a LCD driver, so either
a PIC or a basic stamp would seem to do the job.  The above and throw 16k
of static ram with it, and I should be able to hold at least 2.5 minutes of
data at 10 per second.
Given the prices that they want for just 4 channels ($650 without the
download option, the download option is $250 more), and that is without the
sensors, so big money.
Roger

quotes)
in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org