Honda/NGK O2 sensor part # versus Horiba/NGK O2 sensor part #s

Axel Rietschin Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com
Fri Jun 16 00:26:18 GMT 2000

I've a set of melted pistons here to attest they are definitely not the
same. My ECU has a direct NTK input and I was using the Honda part with it.
The reading was 0.86 while the actual lambda was around 0.95, fatal at high
load on my turbocharged Cosworth YBT engine. I've swapped the sensor for the
expensive one sold by the ECU vendor and my engine runs perfectly fine now
(with new pistons, of course!)

Axel