microcontrollers slightly more powerful than a pic?

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Mon Jun 19 15:58:49 GMT 2000

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Rich M wrote:

> >If you're looking to address external memory, the HC11 is
> > the next
> > family to look at.  There is a little bit of external circuitry to
> > de-multiplex the addressing with this chip, but it can be done pretty
> > easily.
>
> Or check out the xxF1 version (68HC11F1xx), this has demultiplexed bus...
> Rich

I am probably going with a 68000, I have found a 64 pin PLCC version
that is pretty cheap, it has lots on nice registers (8) and is fairly
cheap from Newark.  It will also address 16MB of memory, I will need
to put everything it needs in external memory space, which makes
things somewhat easier as I have the tools to program eproms, but not
the tools to program some of the built in eproms.

ALso the 68000 is faster (20Mhz), and does 32bit arithmetic.

			Roger