Automotive Circuit Protection - Part 1

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 25 09:56:50 GMT 2000

Peter Gargano tapped away at the keyboard with:

> EFI content?:
>
> I'd personally like more discussion on wideband oxygen sensors (ie.
> not just EGOR, which I classify as a commercial product - but I don't
> deny anyone's right to discuss EGOR in this forum).

Well I'll be hog-swoggled... Been thumbing the book for a year.

Bosch has published some numbers on their wide-band O2 sensor in
their Automotive Handbook - the 22nd Edition in German anyway.
The 4th Ed in English may have the same figures - see the main
section on Lambda probes.

NB: These figures are AT BEST applicable to the Bosch sensors.

The pump-current varies from approx -3.5mA at lambda around 0.85 up
to approx +4mA at lambda of just over 1.7. The pump current is zero
at stoichiometric. You should be able to draw your own parabolic
curve to fit those points.

I wouldn't take the actual illustrated as gospel; it's probably
simplified.

_Minimum_ operating temperature 600C.

There's a more detailed description of the function of the sensor
in the Handbook than the larger SI Engine Management text.

Now the tough question: Is anybody able to confirm these values?

Second question: Does anybody have data on time constants?

--
Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning
Perth, Western Australia