Multi Coil Setups

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Mon Jun 26 16:23:48 GMT 2000

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 22:28:41 -0700 (PDT), Orin <orin at diy-efi.org> wrote:

>What are you sending him Bruce?
>Anything that I already posted so I don't need to repeat myself?
>
>Orin.

I cain't speak for Bruce or Dave, but I asked about the same thang. Them
"smart coils" are quite nice, I have several and have played with them
before, and I had asked for a refresher on what you (Orin) had
discovered in your testing, b'cuz I didn't remember seeing anything
posted before. Just 'member my Oldstimer's Disease, dood; memory is the
second thing to go, and I'm too scared to think of what the first might
be.

I've had the wiring diagram from previous; I was lookin for
operational/behavioral stuff having to do with the timeout mentioned in
your previous post.

>> Leaving them armed isn't safe at very low RPM.  They will fire after
>> 1/10 second of being armed whether you tell them to fire or not.
>> As I recall, over 2.7V on the fire input arms them, then
>> grounding it fires them.

So not to worry, if THIS is the report you posted before, that's VERY
valuable info all by it's lonesome, and I'm happy for it. I just
wondered if there was MORE, being greedy an all. :)  I take it they're
not smart enough to figure DWELL/saturation time from the previous
series of firings, like an HEI module, so I was trying to ascertain just
how much dwell compensation WOULD be required to operate them.

Gar