555 EFI competition

generalmotors at exterminator.net generalmotors at exterminator.net
Thu Jun 29 11:48:46 GMT 2000

Dear fellow car lovers,

We spend too much money on PCMs. We have a project going to design a new cheaper generation of EFI using a single 555 timer circuit. For our 4 cyl cars we trigger the 555 from cyl one spark. The 555 controls all four injectors and the amount of fuel injected is controlled by a variable resistor that doubles as a choke for cold starting.

We use a heated oxygen sensor and have a simple circuit that makes variations to the 555 pulse width based on the oxygen sensor voltage.

Because we are trying to save money, we have not employed an engineer to do anymore work on this project and wondered if the DIY_EFI group could come to our aid to complete the design?

Your help would be most welcome in this low cost project. If we get any really good ideas then we will award a prize of your choice.