555 EFI update

generalmotors at exterminator.net generalmotors at exterminator.net
Fri Jun 30 02:19:28 GMT 2000

Shannen Durphey wrote:

> Uh-huh.  Ok.  I have a project to see who I can trick into submitting
> an efi design using a 555.  Care to provide names and phone numbers of
> contacts within GM?

We are a little embarrased about our funding shortfall and we don't want the next management level to come
down on us. We would like to keep our special project quiet until it pans out a bit more. We like the response so far and we would urge those who have submitted designs directly to us, to send them to diy_efi at diy-efi.org to insure everyone has a chance to judge the results themselves.

> I may have something , but I'm not confident
> about releasing it through E-mail.

Your design will be handled with the utmost confidance. Your peers will be our judge on this. We are sure Ford will also play ball on this, they also want to spend less on their EFI designs.

We will organize a web site when we have more information and images that I'm sure will be forthcoming from interested parties.

GM

PS. Thanks for your thoughts Bruce, but we want to keep it simple and try and use just a single 555 for the main circuit. We would be happy for your design to use the low power CMOS 555 variant - we are always looking to reduce our fossil fuel reliance.