Wire up an "A/F gage" w/o effecting existing control system?

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Wed Mar 1 00:11:53 GMT 2000

FWIW,   I have a Haltech AF30 digital A/F indicator spliced into the O2
circuit of my GM PCM.  I also have an isolation switch which can decouple
this device from the PCM's O2 circuit.   Using an ALDL scanner I can monitor
the effect of "connected" versus "unconnected" upon the PCM's interpretation
of the O2 signal.  In my particular case the PCM's interpretation, with the
device connected, is biased approximately +100mv versus the unconnected
state.   Measurable, but not noticeable to a driver.

I would think that you should be safe, as long as you stay away from the
real "cheapies"  and query the vendor's tech people regarding this issue
before purchase.

Walt.