cheap data aq system

Braman Wing braman at braymo.net
Wed Mar 1 23:09:45 GMT 2000

Thanks for all the responses - I had no idea there would be so much
interest. As I said, I am an ME by profession, and I don't have a lot of
electronics knowledge, so any suggestions are appreciated. if someone else
wants to take the lead on this, by all means please do so. I can already see
a number of ways to improve on this design. I am already planning to use an
external regulated power supply. Another likely problem seems to be the
protection of the inputs - in the schematic I found there are 100k resistors
which are said to protect against 14V transients, but I'd eventually like to
have better protection than this. Someone mentioned that the145050 doesn't
like higher voltage analog inputs - For now I am simply going to keep the
inputs at 0-5V, but if there is a way to get around this, I'd like to
incorporate it in the final version. I am going to go ahead and breadboard
it and see if I can get it to work at all in the next week or 2. I'll report
my results as I go along.

Braman