ECT and voltage divider help?

Bernd Felsche bernie at perth.dialix.com.au
Mon Mar 6 01:54:55 GMT 2000

Ludis Langens writes:

>Daniel Houlton wrote:
>> They have brief descriptions, but
>> none indicate that they'd be used for sensing a voltage level without
>> changing that level.  Is this just a basic non-inverting amplifier?

>To buffer the signal, use a "Voltage Follower".  Connect the input
>signal to the + input.  Connect the - input to the op-amp output.

[snip - not much to add]

>> Also, how would I get the .6V reference that I want?  Just tap into
>> the 14.7V power and use a resistor or pot to drop it all the way to
>> .6V?  That sounds the easiest.

Although not directly applicable here, you can also use diode forward
voltages as a reference level.  I've even used LEDs - different colour
have different forward voltages. Also serves as an indicator and
head-scratch trigger for others trying to figure out what you're doing.
:-)

--
Real Name: Bernd Felsche
    Email: nospam.bernie at perth.DIALix.com.au