Data Acquisition Systems, etc..

Adrian Broughton gtfour at one.net.au
Mon Mar 6 02:19:47 GMT 2000

I've just started a project for my GT-Four (Alltrac Turbo) Celica, which is
going to be a data acquisition system with a few extra bells and whistles
(control water injection, warning lights, full-throttle gearshifts, turbo
timer, FCD, etc).

I just thought I would mention it and hopefully get some feedback or ideas
from some of the people on this list, as I am a bit of a newbie when it
comes to microcontrollers.

I just bought a ATMEL AVR AT90S8535 microcontroller (I bought it as part of
a "Hot Chip" or "ABC Mini" kit, which includes cables, Basic Compiler,
Assembler, IDE and docs).  From what I can see, this will do everything I
need it to do, but if anybody has any thoughts or experience with this
microcontroller then I'd love to hear about it (check out
http://www.atmel.com for data-sheets, etc).

I won't go into much detail in this post, but I've got a section of my
website set up with all the details.
You can see it by going to http://web.one.net.au/~gtfour/ and then clicking
on the "RedBox Project" section.

Any feedback, ideas, or mention of potential problems I should avoid would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Adrian
Adrian Broughton
1990 GT-Four Celica, 1974 VW Kombi, 1967 Holden HR
Fremantle, Western Australia
gtfour at one.net.au     http://web.one.net.au/~gtfour/