Turbo speed sensor ever used ?

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Mon Mar 6 19:40:58 GMT 2000

Hi!
I think its very strange that any form of turbocharger rpm or measuring
backpressure in a turbo application is not more used in cars.
A changing backpressure ,depending on the rpm on turbocharger and wastgate,
has a great influence on cylinder filling .A map sensor is not aware of
whats going on , and air volume measuring is missing the right ignition
timing.
Boost VS.backpressure is great to know in development stages.Tells the
efficency
of the turbo used.
Spool up creates more backpressure ,more backpressure ,wants less ignition
advance.
less air consumption .A fast car is living in theese arias all the time .
Just some toughts
Espen