OEM Black box alterations

Cudabob rhuish at goldrush.com
Mon Mar 6 19:59:59 GMT 2000

   Steve Burgess wrote,

> I have, against better advice, taken apart the hermetically sealed

> ignitor box on my yamaha motorcycle, looking for dip switches,

> potentiometers, or any secret method of altering the stock ignition

> timing. (I'm one of those people that if they say it can't be done,

> I've got to try it on my own and see if I can proove them wrong)

</color>Great fun...always wanted to destroy....take apart that unit. :-)

My guess as to what the box contained was a R/C circuit that
controlled the trigger point of the output circuit, yielding a fixed rate
of advance. My thought was to add a pot in parallel with the timing
resistor to change the advance curve.

I designed a circuit that was programmable, but my son add
multispark as a additional requirement. There additional hardware
exceeded the physical space available, so the project came to a
halt.

Ultimately the plan is to FI the bike and handle the ignition with the
ECU. Space is still a problem.

> it out if anyone does'nt immediately recognise it's purpose, and

> want's or needs to see it, I can attach it to an email to that person,

> I don't want to upload pictures to the list, especially since it's not

> directly related to efi.

</color>Send me the schematic...it may fit in to what I expected the box to
look like.

<nofill>
CudaBob '65 - Angels Camp, Calif
CudaBob at workmail.com