Any electronically controllable gas regulators ?

Mike (Perth, WA) erazmus at wantree.com.au
Tue Mar 7 14:13:43 GMT 2000

Hi chaps,

(As I'm new to this group, I apologise for so many postings so soon, still
gathering info - tah)...

Petrol engine fuel injectors are dead easy to control from a micro, is
there a corrollary for any gas injection equipment etc. ?

ie. Is there a (readily available) gas injection nozzle operable from
a 12v PWM signal and/or a gas regulator compensation for manifold pressure,
(Given the flow pressure differences I would think it straightforward),
for example for turbo engines thats comparable to that simple fuel
pressure regulator used on many petrol cars ?

When I go ahead with my EFI project for my car (to replace existing ECU),
I would like the option of extending the control fully to a bifuel gas
system - LPG at first, then moving to CNG soon after and all this with
on load changeover between the two fuels <sigh> Don't ask for much ;-)

Tah,

Rgds ~`:o)

Mike Massen         Trading as "Network Power Systems" and "Network Computers"
Perth, Western Australia  Ph +61 8 9444 8961  Fx +618 9264 8229 (fax -> email)
Products/Personal/Client web area at http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus
 (Current pics - trip to Malaysia to install equipment in jungle power site)

Some say there is no magic but, all things begin with thought then it becomes
academic, then some poor slob works out a practical way to implement all that
theory, this is called Engineering - for most people another form of magic.