AFM measurement/backpressure (was Turbo speed sensor)

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Wed Mar 8 04:50:31 GMT 2000

Compared to what Mechanical, FI, Carbbies?.
Sweeping statements are often wrong.
AFM are probably the least accurate of the air flow sensors, or at least the
most restrictive.
In the archives at the GN Ttype there are statements from actual dyno
testing where even a MAF sensor cost 30HP.
An SU and electonic ignition control (far a small engine) would be hard to
beat when set up right.  Webers come close to IR, and a blow thru IR vs
Weber would be within tenths of a percentage, I'd wager.
VE, and HP well there is alot for who's doing the tuning.  Just really about
dry walls vs wet, and reelated issues.
  Now drivibility, tunability, reliability, emissions are all other matters.
But, to claim EFI is that "secret to HP + VE" or especially good for turbos,
is kinda stretching a point, IMHO.
  I notice noone has mentioned cross over so far.  And that opens the doors
for all kinds of things.
Grumpy