AFM measurement/backpressure (was Turbo speed sensor)

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Wed Mar 8 14:05:11 GMT 2000

(the following ref street{able}cars, and probably most race stuff):

While sorta interesting, I think your off on a tangent worring about the T/C
shaft speed.  In reference to back pressure, design a min backpressure
exhuast of min volume, and be done with it.
   In the higher HP areas the T/C is more switched on and off by TPS changes
then feathering into anyway.  Using an accurate MAP/MAF is all that is
needed, nice additional info is IAT, Water Injection, and better tuning.
  What would be neat is an auxillary method of driving up EGTs for T/C
operation without being at the expense of engine components.  But, for that
you'd really even need to make it transistional so that when TPS changed
there wasn't a drop, or the bog would put your nose against the windsheild.
  There are just some designs that reguire compromise.
Grumpy