Electronic Transmission Control

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Wed Mar 8 17:24:02 GMT 2000

Any of those you mention assuming the 200??, means 200R4, can be built to
withstand 350HP easily.
  The later the better, and for the 200R4 a buick turbo application would be
best core.
The 700R4/4L60 are the same basic design, the 4L the later.  Trouble in my
book is that dumb first gear of 3.06:1.
The 200R4 is about 2.7ish as I recall, and the 4L80 2.5:1.
So the 200R4, and 4L80 are the better ones, in my book.  Less gear
multiplication change during gear change, less chance of knock.  Also, more
like a close ratio tranny of the old days.  With any 3.0+ rear gears the
3.06 first gear is great for lighting tires, but that's about all (other
then AWD applications, where you need it to get all that mass acclerating).
Grumpy