Electronic Transmission Control

MysticZ lt1_z28 at houston-f-body.org
Wed Mar 8 18:43:15 GMT 2000

Swayze wrote:

> this is not an answer, but another question.
> which of the later OD  GM trans should I look for,needing only TCC  and
> 300HP+ survivability in a street driven car; 700R4,200??,4L60?,4L80? (BOP)
> my trans knowledge is from the twospeed TC powerglide days.

My 4L60E isn't complaining about 350 horsepower or 400 foot pounds. It's
not the horsepower that trashes a tranny, it's the torque. But with 300
HP, you shouldn't have a problem with a 700R4 or 4L60E. The -80E weighs
a ton and the rest have no overdrive, so I'd stick with the 700R4/4L60E.
--
Steve
97 Chevy Camaro Z28, Mystic teal, A4, not stock