Thanks to all who responded...

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Thu Mar 9 02:42:09 GMT 2000

> this by the "single-donor" method.  Hopefully I'll be able to do this as

Single donor, or at least single family donor (all GM, all Ford, etc) is
much easier than cross-OEM fangled systems, especially for someone who
is starting out.

> reasonably well equipped machine shop, so fabricating a crank trigger
> device and getting it lined up should be absolutely no problem.  And yes, I

It would be much easier if you aquired a simple, TBI setup, and use the
dizzy as a crank sensor.  A lot of the aftermarket MSD dizzy's can
trigger some OEM efi, without too much effort.  This might make wiring
interesting, but require less machining and adjusting down the road.
Wires can be moved much cheaper than fabricating oddball metal widgets.

> use a multi-port sequential setup, and would like to avoid throttle body
> injection because the fuel distribution on a straight six is something I

Good point.

> John - What kind of EFI system did Ford straight sixes use, and how big are
> they?

Most of the straight sixes in the Ford arena were TBI, from what I
recall.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Xephic Technology