AFM measurement/backpressure (was Turbo speed sensor)

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Thu Mar 9 03:40:14 GMT 2000

> Ray Hall is using a standard GM 3 bar MAP sensor for EBP measurement--on
> the end of about 24 or 30" of tubing. I think they take the port for it
> from the crossover passage for manifold heat (he does mostly BBC marine
> stuff).

Using 1/8" copper line cools it off enough so the sensor lives.

> Big Diesels are now having to go to EGR for NOx control, and most of them
> will be using EGR COOLERS--use coolant to cool down the recirced exhaust
> gasses! No NEW energy in EGR, just heat. Course--diesels are a different
> ball-game in many ways.

NOx on a diesel, compression ignition, ya right that ought to work great for
heavy loads, and getting mileage.

> BTW--Bruce--have the little guys ever come across a DT-573?? Apparently
> it's  a V-8 version of their little 430 toy!!

Ughhh???.   Man that sounds like fun.
Just gotta work out a 8253 to fine tune the injector timing, and get away
from that mechanical pump, and go EFI.
grumpy