Electronic Transmission Control

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Thu Mar 9 04:08:04 GMT 2000

> nacelp wrote:
> > Look at what is going on at the 60' mark if you drag race your 700R4.
> > Unless you spin it high, your about ready to shift right before the 60'
> > mark.  Ever wonder why some folks have such lousy 60' times when they
run
> > them?.  While you combo may avoid these issues, I'd rather have a
stronger,
> > more reliable, 200R4 then any 700 series.  BTW, I used both.
> > BTW, spinning any tire just slows ya down, so why even mention that?.

> Sure, for a drag-only car!

Only place for spinning tires I can think of is for a tractor pull..

> The application is obviously the deciding factor. If you're just doing
quarter
> miles, the close ratio trans is the answer.Close ratio Muncie four speeds
were
> popular in the 60's, but weren't so hot on the street.

We weren't talking muncies.  Either way it's just really the differencein in
first, not all 4 gears.  As I recall the minuncies had about a 2.5:1 first,
and 1:1 fourth, so were much closer in overall gear multiplication.

> Wide ratio is the best for the street, you just run a taller rear gear.
Besides,
> shouldn't you get something out of all that EFI hardware? like a rock
solid
> cruise at 1900 RPM, 65 MPH, with the torque converter locked.

Tell, me you can really see the difference from the .67 to .7 overdrive
difference.
Which is about the difference from a 200R to 700R