Turbo speed sensor - ferrite in comp wheel ?

Mike (Perth, Western Australia) erazmus at wantree.com.au
Thu Mar 9 08:52:44 GMT 2000

At 09:35 AM 9/03/2000 +0100, "Espen Hilde" <mwichstr at online.no> wrote:
>What obout drilling 2 holes in opposite side ,then the balance is ok
>and use a light and optical reader trou the holes.

hehe - You mean a small hole striaght through the center hub of the
comp wheel - would do wonders for stress me thinks <phew>

Ah - come to think of it - I could use one of those cheap laser pointers
and shine it at an angle across the edghe of the blades - and just need a
optical pickup at the opposite side... Beauty - hand't thought of that
until your email prompted me to take a fresh look see - Tah :O)

Would mean a bit of machining the comp wheel cover - but heck thats far
better then messing with the balance..

Yep - thats what I'll try - therefore NOP - I will *not* drill a hole in
comp wheel - <relief> - no more dreams about ally shattering through
the engine :)

Actually would look neat - splaying red light inside the pipe, would make
a nice mpeg - must get my FD-81 Sony mavica soon <sigh> Had one in Malaysia,
brilliant to store pis on floppy...

Rgds

Mike Massen

Ancient Sufi saying:
        "Should your God save you from adversity, choose another God"

Pictures of site installation at Mendulong near Sipitang, Sabah (Malaysia) for
container based RAPS...   http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus

Vehicle modifications on GMH Turbo, twin tyres, possible 175Kw at wheels
Preliminary pictures at http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus/Twin_tyre_vehicle/

My editorial on twin-tyre opinion and good reference about tyres:-
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2195/ttyreopinion.html