Turbo speed sensor going to use optics instead ?

Seth sethea at mediaone.net
Thu Mar 9 22:32:28 GMT 2000

I have no idea, but I wonder what the response time is for your
detector? Can is cycle on/ off at ~1/20 millisecond (assuming 10 blades
at 120,000 rpm). Not trying to shoot holes in your plan, but it might be
worth looking into. I have usually seen the tip of one blade painted
white for an optical tach in compressor wheels.  That might mean a
rebalance with the paint? I don't know.

-Seth