Electronic Transmission Control

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Mar 10 00:06:11 GMT 2000

Doug Dayson wrote:

> Hi...
>

> > > And how about the GMC Cyclone...that turbo Blazer thingie..."probably" a AWD
> > > 700R4 (it has a different case to mount to the AWD transfer case) in it eh...
> > Same case, different output shaft.
>
> So there are actually three 700 output shafts then...Vette...AWD...and
> Standard...correct?

 700R4 used in conjunction with a transfer case has a very short
output shaft.  An adapter is bolted to the trans where the tailshaft
housing usually sits.  There's no speed sensor or speedometer drive
gear on these shafts.

I'm not going to say there are only two other styles of output shaft,
I haven't done enough part swapping with these units to know.
Shannen