AFM measurement/backpressure

Bernd Felsche bernie at perth.dialix.com.au
Sun Mar 12 02:14:08 GMT 2000

Greg Hermann writes:

>>>Even hot-wire is passé. :-)

>>How does hot wire work?? Is is a little heater that uses X power then you
>>measure the temperature... more airflow the more heat is taken from the
>>heater?? Surely you would also need air temperature, or am I completly off...

>The resistance of the wire varies with its temperature, so one approach
>would be to measure the voltage required to hold the wire at a constant
>current. The more air flow you have at a given IAT, the cooler the wire
>gets.

The current flow is directly related to the *mass* of the air
flowing in. That is generally sufficient to determine the amount of
fuel to inject.

If you however desire air temperature - e.g. to adjust spark timing
or to alter the injection to allow for vapourization in cold air,
then you must sense this separately.

--
Real Name: Bernd Felsche
    Email: nospam.bernie at perth.DIALix.com.au