DIY_EFI Digest V5 #99

dzorde at erggroup.com dzorde at erggroup.com
Mon Mar 13 03:02:39 GMT 2000

Mike, my understanding is that they are actually doing away with 92 unleaded and
making the current Premium (95 Octane) the standard, while the 98 Octane you are
talking about becomes the new premium.

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com

OK, that sounds good, I'm using 'premium unleaded' thats about 96 octane
or thereabouts - regular unleanded is about 92 - there's a new fuel from
sheel coming out soon called optimax - I hear its 98 octane and supplies
more bang per ml - Shell's tests indicate improved economy by up to 15%
but I have yet to see it in Perth or findout how much it costs.

Tah,

Rgds

Mike Massen