CFI

Clare Snyder clare at snyder.on.ca
Tue Mar 14 14:17:40 GMT 2000

Not technically EFI, but FI anyway.

I have a 140 HP Corvair 6 cyl engine that came with 4 carbs. I want to put
injection on it for airboat/aircraft use. It will run a maximum of 3500RPM,
putting out (hopefully) about 100-110 HP.
My thought was to use a 4 cyl Bosch K-Jet type system (most likely K-E) with
one injector in each carb inlet port. Any reason this will not work? The
'vair is a 2.7 Litre (164 inch) engine.
What relatively common (in north america) engine of 2 liters or more used
K-Jet?

Thanks