H2O pump

Mike (Perth, Western Australia) erazmus at wantree.com.au
Tue Mar 14 15:21:35 GMT 2000

At 07:49 AM 14/3/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>>trouble is any decent 12v water pump at 60psi (anywhere) just ain't cheap,
>>got any ideas for readily available 45 to 60psi 12/24v DC pumps ?
>
>RV/camper drinking water supply pump?  3.5-5 GPM, less than $100.

Tah Barry,

I've seen some of these, like the inline booster pumps in boats, trouble
is they are immersion types, low pressure, weak plastic bodies. I've
tried an Irish pump very common in Australia - the "Whale" - great name
aye ? Trouble is its a centrifugal immersion one and water eventually
leaks into the motor past the seal - that is - if you are running into
a reasonable pressure head... Used this for cooling system bubble purge.

I'm about to try a couple of cheap pumps in series, though they don't
look that robust - not much middle end industrial stuff in Australia at
a reasonable price, (best I have is 45psi at $260 +-$50).

Tah

:) mike