water into efi system before injectors.

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Tue Mar 14 18:25:30 GMT 2000

Cheap is relative;
they are one of the only ones that make enough pressure so that the h2o is
actually a mist.
I've tinkered with lots of h2o injection systems, and the best by far is
what we're running on the pulling tractor.  It operates at 200 PSI, and
truely mists the water.  With boost at 60 this is a all around high pressure
system.  In our testing it was really interesting when we got the pressures
high enough how "cloudlike" the discharges got.  With an inline 6 getting
even distribution is aout the hardest setup (log manifold), so things got to
be right or it's instant death.  To get our pressure/volume takes a 12v Ford
Starter on 24v running an agriculturial pump.  Soon I got to get going on
one for my own car, and eill be posting numbers for parts for it.
  Even if I was running a h2o system on N/A I'd still keep to pressures as
high as possible, to get the distribution as best as possible.  Trouble with
the H2O is that in effect you wind up with wet walls, but I think in the
Turbo applications that is more then made up for by the cooling effect it
has.
  I might also mention that on the puller h2o the paints gets baked so that
it turns black, prior to the water injection nozzles, but is perfectly
"colored" right where they are tied in.  Which is right at the turbo
discharge.
Grumpy