CHamber isolation ?

Keith Mezzina kmezzina at speakeasy.org
Wed Mar 15 19:27:35 GMT 2000

Mike, it's been my experience in engine building that what you are
proposing will increase pumping losses in the motor.  You'll loose
more power compressing crankcase gasses then you gain going the other
way.

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 02:56:07, "Mike (Perth, Western Australia)"
<erazmus at wantree.com.au> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I notice on all engines I've worked on that aerodynamics in the crankcase
>aren't given much attention in production engines (fair enough for cost),
>
>I have the opportunity to work on and modify the crankcase on a straight
>six (RB30ET) block and wondered if its worth trying chamber isolation in
>the crankcase.

<Snip theory>
1973 Dodge Challenger (340/727/3.91SG/NOS) 13.01 @ 105 / 12.2 @ 112 (NOS)
1985 Z-28 Backhalf Race car (356/TH400/5.56)
1977 Suburban (Daily Beater)
Homepage: http://www.checkmateracing.com