DIY_EFI Digest V5 #104 / CFI

Bernd Felsche bernie at perth.dialix.com.au
Thu Mar 16 07:47:33 GMT 2000

>From: Kevin Jaeger   kjaeger at superflow.com.au

>I was with you Re your comments on "stoic", but K-Jet is a diabolically ugly
>mouse trap. It does not like the slightest contamination when in a Mercedes
>Benz car and therefore would hate your boat. Tuning will not be very easy.

K-Jet is beautifully-simple. It's the electronic addons and
cold-start junk that's the bug-bear.

>I guess one can get away with a lot on land (in a car), where the ecu lives

K-Jet has no ECU until you go for KE-Jet.

The purely mechanical K-Jet isn't all that difficult to set up if
you have the equipment and know-how. Probst's book describes the
system well.

>in the kick panel, away from corrosion. The same exposed GM ecu in a boat
>would not live long at all. A friend who I have heard mentioned here on a
>number of occasions, builds 1,500 HP boats, I refer to Ray Hall
>www.turbofast.com.au Now in this situation, money is no object so the ecu
>does not get wet and it stays cool and if the boat crashes and sinks, they
>build another one.

The reservation I have about K-Jet on a boat is the zinc castings.

>I think there is still a place for carbies in this world and you situation
>is a likely candidate.

Nothing wrong with a good TDI on the water. :-)

>In Australia the wreckers do no want Triumphs fitted with LUCAS systems,
>you'd have to pay the wrecker to take the car. Rigging up a LUCAS system
>would be much easier than K-Jet and is certainly much more compact. I

LUCAS - "the prince of darkness" :-)

--
Real Name: Bernd Felsche
    Email: nospam.bernie at perth.DIALix.com.au