sparkplug reading - Color Tune

mike mager mikemager at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 16 22:41:21 GMT 2000

Carl Summers asked: (complete quotation below)

>Hi, Whats a Color Tune???

Hi, Carl, this may be redundant, but the Color Tune is a weird little thing
that you can screw into a sparkplug hole, and it works both as a window (to
see the combustion color) and as a spark plug.  You can adjust your
combustion color (AFR) as appropriate, and as several have pointed out, a
dynamometer would be a handy 'accessory' for higher loadings;  the Color
Tune is made for tuning only, it has 'no' heat range, and is not meant for
high temperature or high pressure for over "2-3 minutes", they say.

Maybe just a toy, but I wanted one.

Mike