sparkplug reading - Color Tune

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Mar 16 23:58:04 GMT 2000

Spark plug with a "window".  I have one.  It's not for high rpm use,
or sustained loads, or high temp stuff.  Reach and heat range never
actually match the plug you're replacing.  But the idea is to watch
the flame color to tune a carb.  It's fun, and it can work at times.
Really neat to use on efi, watch flame color go from yellow to blue as
the ecm cycles lean to rich.  Eastwood Co. sells 'em.  They're on the
web.
Shannen