Sophisticated scan tool?

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Fri Mar 17 03:31:55 GMT 2000

Okay, the story (from Wired News):

> With a minor cable tweak, an engineer jerry-rigged
> his new, US$99 Net "appliance" into a fully functional
> Pentium PC.

check:

 specs at        http://www.netpliance.com/iopener/specs.asp
 some pics at    http://www.netpliance.com/iopener/tour1.asp
 main URL at     http://www.netpliance.com

Now, for US$99, or with a 2 Gb HDD ~ US$200, this guy has
a Pentium (without a floppy).

I figure at this price, plus a bit of software, this has
to be the ultimate base for a "scantool".

Okay, I admit the EFI content was limited, but if I had
access to one of these units, I'd be buying it with a view
to using it in a vehicle, either as a "sacntool" or some
other diagnostic/tuning role.

Someone want to buy one for me (I'll pay you back, honest)?

PG.