turbocharger repair - ripped off!

Bill Shaw bshaw at connix.com
Sat Mar 18 01:56:42 GMT 2000

That is the old analog Stewart Warner balancer.  It was tough to trim all the
op-amps in those units for calibration.  I worked on the development of
their new (7 or 8 years ago) digital balancer.  Same old leaf spring sensors
and some fancy math in an 80C196 giving a digital readout of the imbalance.

Digitize the imbalance over time,  fft it,  calculate the difference in the phase
angles between the two sensors,  and you're almost there.

Bill