BasicX Microcontroller

MysticZ lt1_z28 at houston-f-body.org
Tue Mar 21 18:08:36 GMT 2000

Does anyone have any experience with the BasicX microcontroller? It
looks like the idea came from a Basic Stamp, but the thing seems to be
way cooler. 32 I/O lines, extremely fast, ability to add lots and lots
of addressable memory, and (maybe best of all) it's cheaper than the
stamp. Here's the url:

http://www.basicx.com/

I just ordered a Stamp to play with and see what it'll do, but I think I
need to order one of these to mess around with. Since it'll do parallel
tasks it may be just the thing for my project. If I can fit all the code
into 512k they can even burn it onto the chip before shipping. If I read
all this right it means the digital instrument panel, fuel injection,
and maybe even data logging will be possible with a single chip.
--
Steve
97 Chevy Camaro Z28, Mystic teal, A4, not stock