BasicX Microcontroller

MysticZ lt1_z28 at houston-f-body.org
Tue Mar 21 21:08:07 GMT 2000

Roger Heflin wrote:

> That is 512 Bytes, not Kbytes.

My bad. Read it wrong.

> And probably they won't burn things
> into the chip for quanity 1, or probably even quanity 100, they will
> want a big quanity before they go to the trouble of burning it in for
> your (without charging a large amount to do it per chip).

>From what I can tell you can actually do it yourself with the board used
to program the thing with basic. I've only skimmed through the docs, but
it looks like it can program EEPROMs as well as the X-1 itself. Another
neat thing is that can copy the code to RAM from the EEPROM and run it
waaay faster. It's biggest advantage over the stamp is that it can run
multiple subroutines simultaneously.

The project I'm working on right now is an ultra light dash for the
Ninja. The tach is going to be 5 2" alpha LED arrays controlled by a
MAX7219, possibly using SPI to interface it. The speedo will be either 3
1" LEDs or a servo controlled analog (especially attractive with the .1
ounce servos that are floating around). Oil pressure, water temp, and
air/fuel will be bar graphs driven by either LM3914s interfaced with
freq. to volt. converters or another MAX7219. The fuel injection parts
will either be stuck on the same stamp or X-1 or on their own networked
to the dash chip. I also want to put the chips on SIMMs so they can be
programmed ahead of time and swapped at the track in a few seconds.

> It does look somewhat useful for some tasks.   The basicx-1 does not
> appear to have any A/D convertors, you need the -24 to get that.

Or external ADCs. I think I saw some SPI ADCs that would work nicely.

I just thought of something. I need a cheap laser printer so I can print
the iron on PCB masks.
--
Steve
97 Chevy Camaro Z28, Mystic teal, A4, not stock