O2 sensor question

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Wed Mar 22 02:44:37 GMT 2000

All, the gm O2 sensors that I know of are "switching" ones, meaning they
have a very high slew rate.  They are basically meant to read less than, or
greater than .440 volts, depending if rich or lean.  Tring to interpolate,
them, to do more is not very accurate.  They degrade with age, and are
temperature sensitive.  Only a true Wide Band O2 sensor is meant to read
other then as a switch much lower slew rate.  There is a ton of info about
them in the archives.  Some testing I did here at home suggests to me they
aren't even truely O2 sensors.
Grumpy

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org