O2 sensor question

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Fri Mar 24 14:30:41 GMT 2000

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:24:43 PST, "mike mager" <mikemager at hotmail.com>
wrote:

>EGO Exhaust Gas Oxygen, right?
>
>What does EGOR stand for?

Err, how bout Ratio. Exhaust Gas Oxygen Ratio, yeah that's it. Heh.

Actually, the name was picked because EGO measurement seemed too, well,
90s at the time. Since we started working on another project for
ionization current measurement almost at the same time, which just
seemed to fall out nicely dubbed as ION, we got used to calling the two
EGOR & ION. So there you have it; the guy with the bulging eyes and hump
(what hump?), and the elegant lady with beautiful magic eyes that can
peer into combustion fire. Ion-eyes infact. Narf. It probly gets worse,
so I won't go on any further with the cruel & unusual punishment. Ahem.

Gar