8051 EFI

mike mager mikemager at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 27 09:16:51 GMT 2000

Paul Corner mentioned a home built EFI project: (complete quotation below)

>I've been playing around with . . .
. . . ending up with a 12MHz 8051 based design.
What state of play are others at ?

Hi, Paul,
I have an application in mind for a custom ECU, myself.  I'm curious just
_which_ '8051' you have chosen.  I have a so-far unused Dallas
"Speed It uP" (Dallas' own pun) DS80C320, which is, as it sounds, a fancy
8032, but with a high clock speed and reduced clock-cycles per instruction.
After a bit of (attempted!) rational thought, I have considered strongly
using a Motorola processor (designed for the application), if not the
(totally irrational?) Infineon AUDO TC1775 TriCore, which is also aimed at
engine management (just plain 'heavy sand' - fun).

A "batch of boards", you wrote;  is this an idea for production?

What's your application?

Mike