Cheap Protection ...

David Rhoads rhoads at adi.com
Mon Mar 27 15:08:30 GMT 2000

Date: Sun, 26 Mar 100 19:35:34 +0800 (WST)
From: Bernd Felsche <bernie at perth.dialix.com.au>
Subject: Re: Cheap protection...

snip ...

Well, I'm not measuring analogue voltages. But I will see a total of
about 60A fused potential from the battery if I'm not careful.
Clipping the input voltage is the trick I've been looking for. A
5-cent signal diode is an attractive option.

After the series resistor and diode clamps, try feeding the switched
signal into a MAX6818 for debouncing.  This will prevent the need to do
it in software.

--
. David Rhoads II
. Applied Dynamics International