8051 EFI

Paul Corner Paul.Corner at tesco.net
Mon Mar 27 19:24:45 GMT 2000

Hi Mike

The flavour of 8051 is the Siemens 80C515 - 8 channels of 8 bit AD Serial
interface & baud rate clock, 3 16 bit counter/timers one with 4 capture/compare
inputs. Plus the usual IO ports. It may not be everyones cup of tea - It seemed
to be the best choice at the time. At least being an 8051 core, the programming
tools are cheap or even free.

I never had plans to 'go into production' too many others chasing after a niche
market. I just wanted a couple of boards for myself and someone else who had
said they wanted one. The local PCB house made some up, plus a couple to cover
possible rejects. When I collected them, a zero defect gave me six boards, and
as this 'someone' didn't collect, I still have them all.

With two coil drivers and six injector or relay drivers on board, plus a small
scratch pad area - I would like to think it will do for engine management.
Just got to get the software running right.

Interested ?

Regards, Paul.