Fuel pressure waring light

Mike (Perth, Western Australia) erazmus at wantree.com.au
Tue Mar 28 05:09:39 GMT 2000

At 01:05 PM 27/3/2000 PST, "mike mager" <mikemager at hotmail.com> wrote:
>Clint S. said:
>
>>I would like to install a fuel pressure idiot light, I have a turbo and
>>would like to know if pressure drops off at high boost .
>
>Sure, but do you need a computer to do it?!
>What precision, accuracy, resolution, are you considering?

I've had this worry as well, what I intend to do is run a pair of gauges,
one next to each other. ie. One on left is boost gauge, and the one on
right is fuel pressure gauge but, both with drag pointers.

That way as I go up in various boost ranges (and back down) I can check that
the peak is differentially the same...

One thing though, make sure your low pressure FI pump is owkring properly
as this shows up at hiogher boost causing the high pressure FI pump to
cavitate *and* check your voltage across your high pressure FI pump is
as close to batt/alt output as possible... I'll be building a SMPS just
for that to make sure it always gets its required 13.8v regardless of
batt volts - I can then wind it up to 15 or 16 v on boost if I'm worried
its not supplying enough at the top end...

Rgds

:) mike