8051 EFI

mike mager mikemager at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 28 08:45:45 GMT 2000

[complete message below]

>My toy is based around a Renault Alpine 1400cc cross flow -

Four cylinder . . .

>Then some 'erb told me that fuel injecting that lump was immpossible
>period.

Hilarious!  I have learned that when some jerk says, "you can't do that", he
really means, "I (jerk) can't do that".

>Wonder how far down stream I need to mount the sensor on a 4-into-1
>exahuast....

I lack practical experience on the custom side, otherwise, just copy the
OEMs (tough with four into one).  Oh, 'PS'-like, look at some
emissions-legal V-8 exhaust, see how they do four into one!;  that will
work, and you do have a heater.

>As far as the software goes, most of the problems I have can be put down to
>the fuel map - at the moment, a best guess data.

On to tuning, then.

>With a lambda sensor, I hope to have a self teach mode.

Sure, the OEMs do.

>Communication with a laptop is one area that needs to be sorted.

That, or similar, is what many of us would like.

>Then I can have a go at the ignition system - some bright spark will tell
>me it can't be done.

Right;  . . . "would you hold this wire for me?" . . .

>So there you have it, four sequential injectors and two coils on a
>100x160mm board.
>Still interested ?

The size sounds great;  I do need the capacity to run more cylinders, so,
still thinking about implementing something of my own design/construction
(non-urgent, still plenty of time).

Thaks, Paul,
Mike