Re 8051 EFI

Gary Peyton gpeyton at sws.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 28 17:38:03 GMT 2000

At 08:11 AM 03/28/2000 -0800, you wrote:

[snip]
>I'm thinking of doing a six cylinder version for my Jeep Cherokee since
the 1987 Jeep was
>the first one with the inline Six and Fuel Injection and it lets me try a
Six Cylinder
>engine in preparation for six cylinder Lycoming Aircraft Engines.  For the
six cylinder
>I'll switch over to a C167C processor which means a new compiler etc.  If
the client
>doesn't fund this I may just do the design myself (and therefore own the
board design) and
>make the board available to the DIY-EFI group.
>
>Cheers,
>John Dammeyer

All right! (see signature)  If your client is (or you might be) thinking of
marketing something like this to Jeep owners, I can tell you (what you
probably already know) that there is a large market for aftermarket [:)]
performance mods like this for Jeeps, especially if you can get down out of
the Haltech/SDS/etc price range by coming up with a relatively simple
product. Same is true for Datsun Z-car owners.  Drivers of both marques
(and probably a lot of others) tend to not have a lot of money, but will
spend a lot of what they have on their vehicles and would really go for a
moderately-priced engine management system that is better than the stock
unit.  I know that's not the point of this list, but had to say it anyway,
being one or two of those folks.