data logger files - software to read them

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Mar 30 22:50:43 GMT 2000

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Jason R. Haines wrote:

> I have some data files from an OE data logger (GM Tech 2). I am trying to
> see if it would be possible to read them with any other software. Anyone
> have any good ideas on what software I should try or any companies (or
> people) I might try sending a sample file to for them to figure out the data
> storage method?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jason

I don't know about a tech 2, but diacom stores that data (on disk)
almost exactly how it comes off of the ALDL connector, so knowing that
and the exact datastream definition for the vehicle in question you
should be able to figure out most of the datastream.  I suspect that
the tech 2 may add a few tag bytes (time/date or something similar) on
each frame, but that is probably all.    No one seems to go to alot of
trouble to complicate things too much, it is generally just not worth
it.

					Roger