Autronics ECU

Clay B clayb at sonic.net
Wed Nov 1 17:20:11 GMT 2000

If you have an Autronic system only a valve needs to be purchased to
complete a closed loop boost control with RPM, temperature and throttle
position and if SM2 then you have 3 boost curve that will automatically
change with gear ratio or with a steering button for that OVERBOOST

J Beninca

Is it possible to map the knob on the SMC (1.18 FW) to boost level, rather
than idle mixture? It always seemed such a useless function for the knob,
especially with closed loop.

- Clay (wishing I could grab that knob and turn up the boost on-the-fly)

PS - it was a tough call turning down the features of the SM2. Every piece
of electronic gear in my boat is waterproof (not splash resistant). That
is a Good Thing. You'd be surprised how easily things get wet.