REALLY basic newbie ?'s

Chris P. cp914 at lvcm.com
Thu Nov 2 05:16:31 GMT 2000

Hello everyone, thanks for reading this.
I have a bunch of newbie questions related to wanting to reprogram a Nissan
ECU for boosted conditions. I'm not new to car mechanics, electronics, or
computers, just "brains" & non-internet programming.

1. What hardware/software do I need to get to read/write the chip?
2. Is there a "basics" page I can read through on ECU internals?
3. Do all ECU's use the same or simular coding?
4. What do I need to know about my paticular ECU before I ask more
questions?

I'm also interested in building a system simular to the Bosch LH-jetronic
but using generic(cheaper) components to retrofit on my other car. Has
anybody had any luck finding component specs to reference to?

TIA,
Chris P.